Firefighters were called to make a cooker safe following a small fire.
Crews from Hyndburn were alerted to the fire on Trawden Place, Accrington which caused smoke damage to the kitchen.
Lancashire Fire and Rescue spokesman John Taylor said: “Went the occupier called 999 we were told the fire had gone out but we went along to check everything was okay.
“It seems like there was a cooking mishap and we were there for about 10 minutes.”
The incident happened at around 4.30pm on Sunday, November 10.