A MAN had a narrow escape after waking to find a tumble dryer he had left on overnight had set fire to his clothes.
The incident took place at a house on the Brookside Nursery and Garden Centre complex in Roundhill Road, Rising Bridge at 4.15am.
Two appliances attended the scene and used a positive pressure ventilation unit and two breathing apparatus. Damage to the kitchen was minor.
Crew manager Neil Cooper warned: “When we go out to do home fire safety checks we tell everybody about the dangers of leaving tumble dryers on when they go to bed. Luckily he did have a smoke alarm.”