Firefighters were called to a house last night after water from a bath leaked into the electrics of a carbon monoxide detector.
The incident happened on Hood Street, Accrington at 10pm. No injuries were reported.
Hyndburn crew manager Darrell Sturgess said: "The water leaked onto a carbon monoxide detector which was linked to smoke detectors and set them off. The occupants did the right thing in calling us.
"We assessed it with a thermal imaging camera and then isolated the electrics. We also put two smoke detectors up in the house. Water leaking can cause major problems if it gets into electrics."