How we use Cookies

Four escape for Huncoat dryer fire

Four people escaped from a house in Huncoat after a dryer set on fire last night.

Four people escaped from a house in Huncoat after a dryer set on fire last night.

Firefighters tackled the blaze at the home on Oakdene Avenue at around 6.30pm.

Crews said the dryer had a fault which caused the fire and smoke to fill the house.

No one was injured but the dryer and utility room were severely damaged and the ground floor was heavily smoke logged.

Two crews from Hyndburn Fire Station used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to deal with the incident.

 

Journalists

Stuart Pike
Deputy editor specialising in politics
Alex Bell
Crime
Bethany English
District reporter
Beth Abbit
Court reporter
Jon Macpherson
Reporter
Kate Watkins
Reporter specialising in communities
Garth Dawson
Photographer and columnist