How we use Cookies

Man escapes electrical fire at Accrington flat

A man escaped after his flat caught fire in Accrington this morning.

A man escaped after his flat caught fire in Accrington this morning.

Ten firefighters tackled the blaze on Medina Close shortly before 8am.

Liam Barker, watch manager at Hyndburn Fire Station, said an electrical fault in the lounge started the fire.

He added: "There was a lot of smoke. Thankfully the occupier had got out before we arrived. We gave him first aid and he was taken to hospital for a precautionary check-up."

Firefighters spent one hour at the scene.

There was smoke damage to the whole of the flat.

 
comments powered by Disqus

Journalists

Stuart Pike
Deputy editor specialising in politics
Alex Bell
Crime
Bethany English
District reporter
Beth Abbit
Court reporter
Jon Macpherson
Reporter
Kate Watkins
Reporter specialising in communities
Garth Dawson
Photographer and columnist