How we use Cookies

Oven destroyed in Accrington fire

The fire started after residents turned the cooker on and got distracted by the television, firefighters believe. The incident happened on Thursday, just after 8.15pm.

Flames destroyed an oven at a house on Stanley Street in Accrington last night.

The fire started after residents turned the cooker on and got distracted by the television, firefighters believe.

The incident happened on Thursday, just after 8.15pm.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said two crews from Hyndburn were at the house for 25 minutes.

He said: "No one had to be rescued or was injured. They got out themselves.

"It is believed residents turned the oven on and got distracted by watching TV. The cooker in the kitchen was destroyed and there was smoke damage to the kitchen."

 
comments powered by Disqus

Journalists

Stuart Pike
Deputy editor specialising in politics
Alex Bell
Crime
Bethany English
District reporter
Beth Abbit
Court reporter
Jon Macpherson
Reporter
Kate Watkins
Reporter specialising in communities
Garth Dawson
Photographer and columnist