How we use Cookies

Rishton flats evacuated following pan fire

Homes were evacuated following a pan fire in a block of flats.

Homes were evacuated following a pan fire in a block of flats.

Firefighters were called to an apartment on High Street in Rishton after smoke was seen coming from the kitchen.

Several homes were evacuated by crews from Hyndburn Fire Station before they tackled the kitchen blaze.

Watch manager Liam Barker said leaving a pan unattended could have cost lives.

He said: "We always recommend not to leave pans unattended. We evacuated several flats and later found a pan left unattended on a hob.

“This could have easily been much worse."

 
comments powered by Disqus

Journalists

Stuart Pike
Deputy editor specialising in politics
Alex Bell
Crime
Bethany English
District reporter
Beth Abbit
Court reporter
Jon Macpherson
Reporter
Kate Watkins
Reporter specialising in communities
Garth Dawson
Photographer and columnist