A FOUR-year-old boy who spent three weeks in Liverpool's Alder Hey Hospital with first-degree burns received a cheque from his school for the hospital's Ronald McDonald House.
Woodnook Primary Sch-ool in Accrington raised £240 for the facility, which accommodates families of children being treated at the hospital, by holding a coffee and cake morning and making several collections.
Pupil Robert Yates suffered horrific burns to his chest and neck around six weeks ago after getting hold of a cigarette lighter and accidentally setting fire to his top.
His mother Catherine Cochrane said: "Everyone at Alder Hey was amazing. They do a brilliant job and the Ronald McDonald House was great.
"It would have been a nightmare if I had been stuck in the ward with the kids and it meant my daughters could come down to stay at the weekend too."
Woodnook headteacher Stephen Bibby said the school usually does a fund-raiser at Christmas time and this year it decided the Ronald McDonald House was a worthy charity.
Robert's sisters, Kirby, eight, and Eloise, seven, also go to Woodnook and played a big part in the fund-raising.
Robert is now back home at Belfield Road, Accrington. He is recovering well but still has to wear pressure garments to reduce the extent of any scarring.