Care home staff have been praised for their 'exemplary bravery' after a fire broke out in a residents bedroom.
Firefighters from Hyndburn were called to Addison Court in Accrington after the fire started in the toilet area of the room.
The occupant of the room was rescued by staff and when the fire crews arrived they used breathing apparatus and hose reels to extinguish the fire.
Two residents and a member of staff were treated at the scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation.
The bedroom was heavily smoke logged by the blaze and an investigation has been launched.
Crew manager Chris Archer praised staff for their actions.
He said: “The staff at the nursing home carried out a rescue of the occupant in the fire compartment, further rapid evacuation of other rooms and contacted the fire service promptly which ensured a successful outcome to this incident.
“The staff showed exemplary bravery in the face of danger and should be commended for their selfless actions.”
The incident on Addison Road happened just after 10pm on Wednesday, March 12.