A parrot and a cat have been killed in a house fire.
Fire crews from Hyndburn were called to Frederick Street in Oswaldtwistle and managed to rescue two dogs.
However, a parrot and a cat did not survive following the incident at around 5pm on Monday, March 2.
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire is thought to have been caused by an overloaded tumble dryer that had been left on while the occupier was out.
It caused severe damage to the ground floor and smoke damage to the first floor and no injuries to people were reported.
Bosses are urging people not to leave the dryer on when out of the house.