A family fled their house after an immersion heater caught fire.
The two adults and their 10-year-old son were woken by fire alarms and their dog barking after the fire was started by an electrical fault.
Firefighers from Hyndburn were called to the house on Church Avenue in Baxenden just before 3am on Monday, January 13 to put out the blaze.
It caused damage to the bathroom, smoke damage to the rest of the property and also destroyed some towels.
Watch manager Steven Hartley said no injuries were reported.
He said: “The smoke alarm woke them up and the dog was barking so raised the alarm further.
“They got out in time. The alarm saved them from something that could have been a lot more severe.”