Firefighters said animals could have been put at risk following a fire in a park.
Crews were called to The pets corner at Rhyddings Park, Oswaldtwistle, after some straw was set alight.
Smoke was seen coming from a grass patch near a pen where goats, rabbits, ducks, guinea pigs and chickens are kept.
John Taylor, of Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service, said it was lucky no animals were injured following the blaze at around 8.45pm on Tuesday, April 2.
He added: "Four firefighters went to the scene after straw was set alight deliberately. Thankfully no animals were injured. As it was only a minor fire.
"Any fire started deliberately is deplored as it can have consequences. It seems like a brutal thing to do when it puts animals at risk in that way."
The pets corner, which opened in 2007, is run by volunteers at the Friends of Rhyddings Park and has had regular problems with flooding due to poor drainage.
Friends last week revealed that work would be carried out as soon as possible to sort the drainage problem after funding was given by the area council.