A YOUNG mum escaped from her Oswaldtwistle home with her baby daughter after a bedroom fire.
The fire at 11am on Wednesday, March 13 started following an electrical fault.
Acting watch manager Andy Pennnington said: "The fire happened in the upstairs back bedroom on Ripon Road. The smoke alarm went off and the mother, in her early 20s, ran upstairs and grabbed her child from her cot and got out. We dealt with the fire. There was fire and heat damage to the bedroom and smoke damage to other rooms in the house."
He added: "It is very important that people have working smoke alarms fitted. This is what gave her the early warning."