TWO elderly residents managed to escape from a house fire in Oswaldtwistle yesterday.
The pair were treated for smoke inhalation and taken to hospital after flames gripped their home on Trinity Street just before 9pm.
John Taylor, of Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service, said fifteen firefighters doused the flames at the mid terraced property.
He said: "There were flames coming from bedroom and the ground floor was on fire. Firefighters used breathing apparatus. How it started is still being investigated."
The incident happened on Sunday, April 21.