A NOTORIOUS teenage thief who committed a catalogue of crimes in Hyndburn has been given a three-year Anti Social Behaviour Order (ASBO).
David Osbaldeston, 16, was given the order at Blackburn Magistrates Court.
Over a period of three years, Osbaldeston was arrested on several occasions for a host of offences including drunk and disorderly behaviour, public order and criminal damage, car theft and burglary.
He was responsible for 43 offences across the Hyndburn area mainly in Accrington and Oswaldtwistle.
Community Beat Manager PC Leonna Hopkinson said: "David was at the forefront of many problems in the borough.
"He has been repeatedly arrested and we have tried everything possible to stop him from committing crime.
"I hope this order will curb his behaviour whilst improving the quality of life for people living in the local neighbourhood."
In order to comply with the order, Osbaldeston, who lives in Blackburn, must adhere to the following conditions;
- Not to cause harassment alarm or distress.
- Not to be in the company in any public place with Scott Lee, 13, Matthew Walmsley, 18, Adam Ashworth, 18, Steven Connor, 22, Daniel Barnes, 18, Thomas Hutchinson, 14, or Anthony Herdman, 15, individually or otherwise.
- Not to be in or on any private or public property, land or building having been requested to leave the said premises.
- To remain indoors at his home address between the hours of 9pm and 7am.
- Not to be in any public place while under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs, or to be in possession of alcohol in any public place.
- Not to enter a specific area as outlined on a map unless in the company of a care worker, YOT team member or his mother.
The order will expire on 12 February, 2012.
Anyone with information about anti social behaviour should contact the police on 0845 1 25 35 45.