A family have said they are lucky to be alive after a blaze engulfed their living room.
The fire is believed to have been caused by a cigarette at their home on Primrose Street, Accrington at around midnight on Saturday.
The fire spread rapidly after polystyrene ceiling tiles caught fire and fell off setting fire to the rest of the living room.
A 25-year-old man, his 22-year-old partner and their 17-month-old daughter fled the house through the back door to avoid the flames and smoke.
The family, who have asked not to be named, were upstairs in bed when they were alerted by their fire alarm.
The woman, who works as a care assistant, said: "We are lucky to be alive. The fire service said if we had stayed for five more minutes then we wouldn’t have made it out.
"As soon as we heard the fire alarm we grabbed our daughter and got out through the back door. It was pure and complete shock and terror. When we got outside we both turned into a mess.
"When we got round the front of the house a window blew out and it hit us how bad it was. We have lost our daughters photos, birthday cards, mothers day cards. Basically everything is ruined."
The man, who works as a factory operator, said: "The polyester tiles set on fire and fell off and everything in the living room caught fire. The TV is melted to the floor and the carpets are ruined.
"If those tiles hadn’t been there then there probably wouldn’t have been as much damage as there was. If our fire alarms weren’t there then neither would we."
Firefighters spent nearly an hour tackling the blaze on Primrose Street, Accrington and the man was given oxygen and treatment for smoke inhalation.
Neighbour Yasmin Bi, said she was ‘terrified’ after seeing the flames and was worried for the safety of her three young children.
Yasmin, 30, said: "I was worried for my own kids as I couldn’t even see my own car from the window.
"The smoke was that bad.
"It was a big shock and I have never seen anything like that. It was horrendous.
"My nine-year-old daughter was frightened to death and couldn’t sleep that night and my son was sick later in the night because of the smell and the smoke."