THE OWNER of an Accrington hairdressers has vowed to carry on as normal after her salon was ravaged by fire.
Fitzy's, on Abbey Street, was severely smoke-logged in the blaze at 10.20pm on Wednesday (23 Sept), apparently caused by a faulty thermostat on a tumble dryer.
Anne Fitzharris said it will take three months before the shop can re-open, but her stylists are still taking appointments and can be booked on the usual phone number.
Anne, who has run the salon for seven years, said: "I'd like to thank all the salon owners who have approached me to help me out. There's quite a bit of smoke damage. It's horrendous."
Fire crews spent an hour and a half at the scene and said the incident was being investigated.
Full story in next week's Accrington Observer.