A woman said she was stunned when she bit into a chocolate bar and found a one-inch pin inside it.
Angela Jeffrey, 42, says she was enjoying a dark chocolate Bounty bar, when she felt herself chewing on what she thought was a piece of glass.
She says she immediately spat the chocolate out and discovered that it wasn’t glass but a metal pin that had been lodged inside the treat.
Angela, of Richmond Street, Accrington, said: “My husband Robert noticed it was a pin and not glass or a hard piece of coconut.
“I wanted to be sick when I saw it. I then started to think about what would have happened if I had swallowed it.”
She contacted chocolate company Mars to inform them of the situation.
The company asked her to send the wrapper and pin back to them for an investigation.
Angela said: “I was told the pin should have been picked up by a metal detector where the chocolate was made.
“They offered to reimburse me for the chocolate if I sent the pin and wrapper back.”
She said she didn’t want another chocolate bar for a while.
A spokesman for Mars said an investigation will be carried out as soon as the evidence is sent in and that it was a matter they were taking very seriously.