A couple escaped uninjured after a domestic cooker caught fire in their house in Clayton-le-Moors.
Two fire crews from Hyndburn Fire Station were called to Woodlands Avenue at 1.30pm yesterday.
They were met with a kitchen full of smoke after the grill pan inside a domestic cooker had accidentally set fire.
Firefighters used ventilation equipment to clear the smoke which caused damage to the kitchen.
Crew manager Gary Hargreaves said: "Fortunately they had a fitted and working smoke detector that raised the alarm."