A loving dad and voluntary worker died after taking a toxic mixture of cocaine and heroin, an inquest was told.
Trevor White, 43, was found dead at his friend’s home in Water Street, Accrington on Monday, October 6.
The dad-of-one originally from Scotland had been staying with his friend Dianne Connor after leaving a drugs rehabilitation centre in Leicester.
Blackburn Coroner’s Court heard how Trevor had not been using drugs since his release from prison in August.
Recalling the day Trevor was found, friend Dianne told the hearing: “I went to work at 9.25am, he walked past at about 11am and smiled.
“I got home about 3.40pm and my daughter was not in, I went upstairs to see if she was up there and Trevor was on the bed, I tried shaking and shouting and turned him over and he was freezing cold.”
Trevor was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
Pathologist Dr Richard Prescott told the inquest that toxicology tests had revealed there was a toxic combination of cocaine and heroin in Trevor’s blood which had caused his death.
Dr Prescott said: “The level of heroin in the blood was 0.355 micrograms per millilitre, but I can tell you that doses as low as 0.05 can kill, so this is in the toxic range.
“In addition there was a small amount of cocaine, but that has a very short half life so it is quite possible that he had cocaine of a significant amount at the time.”
Coroner Michael Singleton recorded a verdict of a drug related death.
He said: “Like a naive user he injected levels he would previously have been able to tolerate before rehab.”
Paying tribute after the inquest ex partner Jacqueline Harnett, who is the mother of Trevor’s 15-year-old son Reece, said: “It was a massive shock, we are all devastated.
“Reece is absolutely gutted. I spoke to Trevor the day before he died and he was talking about coming up to Scotland to visit us. He was the love of my life, Trevor was such a loving, caring man. This is such a tragedy.”