THE husband of a woman who nearly ate a dirty plaster baked into an Asda loaf has vowed never to shop there again.
Tracy Shone-Ellison, 35, has just received the all-clear from doctors who were worried she might have become infected after eating a slice of the bread.
The mother-of-three's eldest daughter Hayley, 14, made the grim discovery while making a sandwich at the family home in Falcon Terrace, Oswaldtwistle.
Her furious dad Malcolm, 37, said: "We bought the bloomer from Asda at Accrington. Hayley was just about to eat her sarnie when she saw the blue plaster in her bread.
"When my wife realised she'd already eaten some she vomited on the spot. We couldn't believe it. We'll never shop at Asda again because they've been really unhelpful.
"I took a picture of the loaf and went to the store with it but the manager was apparently too busy to see me. We're so relieved that Tracy is physically okay, but I'm very frustrated.
"They keep telling me it's out of their hands because I gave the loaf to the council's environmental health department. We used to buy everything from Asda - clothes, food, household items, about £250-worth nearly every week. But not any more."
Steve Todd, environmental health manager at Hyndburn Council, said: "We are investigating. The loaf has been sent for scientific analysis but we can't confirm at this point when we will have the information back. It might be some time before we can decide what action we will take, if any."
An Asda spokeswoman said: "The duty manager offered the family another loaf and explained we couldn't investigate further unless the bread was brought into the store.
"Customer services reiterated that it was out of our hands unless we had the loaf. It's rare these things happen and we want to put it right. But staff at the store acted as they always would do in this situation."