A WARNING about the dangers of tumble dryers has been issued, after a house fire in Accrington.
Fire crews were alerted at 3.45pm last Friday (January 22) to the blaze on Ormerod Street, caused by fluff in the machine.
Crew manager Keith Cunliffe said: "A build-up of fluff had got into the heating element and caught fire, causing damage to the dryer. We recommend that people don't use tumble dryers at night as this could have ended up as a serious incident."
He said that two pumps attended for 45 minutes and used a hose reel, two breathing apparatus, thermal imaging camera and PPV unit.
To request a free home fire safety check, call 0800 169 1125.