Firefighters were called out the backyard of a house after a brazier - a type of charcoal grill - tipped over and caused a fire.
The incident happened at around 6.25am on Sunday, August 12 on Lyon Street in Clayton-le-Moors.
Liam Barker, of Hyndburn Fire Station, said: "Someone called us saying they could see smoke coming from the area. The brazier was being used and fell over. It set fire to another piece of wood in the yard so we ended up putting out the fire."
A WAGON went up in flames at Whinney Hill landfill site yesterday. Ten firefighters tackeld the fire from 1.35pm on Sunday. Crew manager Liam Barker said a faulty battery caused it.
A CAT was rescued in the early hours of the morning yesterday after it got stuck between a shed and a fence. Firefighters freed the cat on John Street in Clayton-le-Moors on Sunday , August 12 at around 3.10am.