A flat mysteriously caught fire in Clayton-le-Moors last night.
The person inside the mid terrace first floor property on Whalley Road escaped before three fire crews arrived at around 9pm.
A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said it was possible a lamp fell on to clothing - sparking the front room blaze.
He said: "We don't know what started the fire yet but it was accidental. Fifteen firefighters went to the job. No rescue was made but breathing apparatus, a ladder and hose reel jets were all used to extinguish the fire."
The front room was damaged by fire and there was smoke damage to the rest of the property
Firefighters left the scene at around 10.30pm on Thursday, January 19.