A pub in Great Harwood was evacuated yesterday after a fire broke out in the boiler room.
An engineer, who was carrying out repair work, suffered leg burns in the blaze at the Gamecock Inn on Whalley Road.
He was in the boiler room when foam became ignited by a pilot light from an adjacent water boiler.
The engineer put out the flames using a hose pipe before fire crews arrived, but he sustained minor burns to his lower legs.
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire caused light fire damage to the boiler room and light smoke damage to the kitchen.
A spokesperson for the Gamecock said: "A small fire broke while some maintenance work was being carried out by an engineer in our boiler room yesterday afternoon. The fire was extinguished immediately. As a precaution and to ensure the safety of our guests and staff the pub was evacuated, and the fire brigade called. The Gamecock was trading as a normal within an hour."