THE Pals Memorial Chapel is located in St John the Evangelist Church, Accrington, where a farewell service was held before the Pals went to war in 1915.
The chapel is beautiful, inviting, relaxing and completely non-denominational, and is in use almost every day.
Contributions to its upkeep are welcome.
A more recent memorial was placed in Church Street gardens to commemorate the granting of the Freedom of the Borough to the Queen's Lancashire Regiment on 29 June 2002.
The inscription reads: "This monument is dedicated to the East Lancashire Regiment in memory of all ranks who served and died in all wars, particularly those of the 11th Service Battalion, otherwise known as the Accrington Pals."