Firefighters were called to a launderette's yesterday after a dryer caught fire.
No staff or customers were in Washbowl Launderette on Blackburn Road when the dryer over heated at around 4.15pm on Monday, February 14.
Smoke spread heavily through the self-service business, which has based in Accrington for more than 30 years, and into two first floor flats above the shop.
Ten firefighters from Hyndburn Fire Station went to the incident in two fire engines after a passer by notified them.
Watch manager Gary Hargreaves said: "On arrival the ground floor was heavily smoke logged. It was also affecting two first floor flats above. Luckily there was no one in any of the properties that were affected.
"We used a fire extinguisher, one hose reel, breathing apparatus and a ventilation unit to clear the smoke from the property and were at the scene for an hour."
Washbowl Launderette has since reopened.