A man had to be taken to hospital after a fire in his sheltered accommodation flat.
Firefighters were called to Spring Brook House on Canal Street, Clayton-le-Moors just before 11pm on Saturday.
The fire caused minor damage to a chair and carpet and moderate smoke damage to a lounge and adjacent kitchen.
The man received oxygen therapy before being sent to Royal Blackburn Hospital.
A fire spokesperson said: "We have no indication as yet as to how the fire started by we presume it was an accident."