A WOMAN died after taking a massive dose of a prescription drug.
An inquest heard that Kathleen Edith Taylor, 58, took the overdose after a row with her husband.
But the inquest was told that Mrs Taylor had tried to take her own life on several previous occasions, the last time saying she wanted to be with her dead mother.
And her husband, Stephen, said his wife repeatedly reminded him that she would have been gone if he hadn't called the ambulance.
A post-mortem examination showed that Mrs Taylor, of Norfolk Grove, Church, had 2,800 microgrammes of dothiepin in her system and anything over 1,000 microgrammes would normally prove fatal.
Mr Taylor said his wife suffered from agoraphobia - a fear of open spaces - and had started suffering from depression following the death of her father 16 years earlier.
She also lost a brother before her mother died two years ago.
Stephen Butcher told the inquest that his mother dwelt on her losses, speaking always about her mum and dad and her desire to be "with them".
On one occasion when she had taken an overdose she told Stephen she could "see the light".
She told her son: "I was snatched back from it, I was almost there."
The medical cause of death was given as dothiepin overdose and coroner Michael Singleton recorded a verdict that Mrs Taylor had killed herself.
The coroner said: "What I have heard is a very sad story of a lady who seemed overcome by grief over a number of losses in her life."