A pub had to be evacuated after a fir broke out in the roof.
Firefighters from Hyndburn were called to Tricky's on Thwaites Road in Oswaldtwistle after reports of a burning smell.
They used a ladder to access the roof space and thermal imaging cameras to locate the source of the fire.
Crew manager Rob Birtwistle said it was caused by an electrical fault behind a wooden box and sparks were touching roof timbers causing it to burn.
Officers removed the box to ensure the fire didn't spread and were at the scene for around one hour.
The incident happened just after 8.30pm on Thursday, March 20 and no injuries were reported.
Owner Richard Hilliard said there were around 40 people in the pub at the time who had to be evacuated.
He said: "There was no fire. There was some wiring thats been hidden behind some wooden trunking for years and for some reason or another picked up a feed and started to burn."The smell was getting stronger and stronger and we called the fire brigade.
"It was a busy night as we had four pool teams and all our regulars so we had to get them out of the pub. Everyone was okay."