A ‘substantial’ fire has damaged a cottage after spreading from a chimney breast.
Fire crews from Hyndburn and an urban search and rescue team from Chorley were called to Cross Edge in Green Haworth at around 7.40pm on Thursday, January 21.
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said they faced a ‘substantial’ fire in the floor space between the ground floor and first floor which had spread from the chimney breast.
A spokesperson said: “Crews used four breathing apparatus and three hose reels to tackle the fire and the specialist team from Chorley shored up the supporting beam that had burnt through.
“There were no casualties.”