A summer house was destroyed following a fire in Great Harwood yesterday.
Firefighters said the doors to a wood burning stove inside hadn't been shut properly, which somehow triggered the blaze.
A greenhouse also in the back garden of the property on Kingsway was severely damaged by heat from the flames.
Three crews from Hyndburn Fire Station battled for an hour to bring it under control.
A spokesman for the station said: "We are not sure exactly how it started but heat from the wood burning stove probably created a spark which caused the fire to start.
"The owners used the summer house to sit in. Sadly it burnt down and the greenhouse, some timber fence and plastic guttering were damaged by heat."
The fire took place shortly after 3.20pm on Sunday, January 8.