AN INDIAN takeaway has re-opened its doors after being damaged in a suspected arson attack earlier this year.
Police were called to investigate the blaze at the Alahi takeaway on Whalley Road in March this year.
Fire crews spent hours tackling the flames which gutted the shop and damaged the neighbouring Zorba Pizza Palace.
The New Zorba, which cost £110,000 to build, re-opened on Monday.
It incorporates both the former takeaways.
Around 100 guests attended the re-opening on Monday including Hyndburn MP Greg Pope and several Accrington Stanley players.
Owner Azhar Hanif said: "The last few months have been very stressful but at last we have re-opened and everyone who came along had a good time.
"We served food including samosas and steak to those who came and I had a special cake made for the customers who came in, so they got a piece each.
"I have been here for four- and-a-half years and I have many regulars who come back again and again. I would like to thank all my customers for their patience while we were waiting to re-open."
The takeaway includes an all-new open-plan kitchen, where customers can watch their food being prepared.
Mr Hanif said: "We will still be doing our usual menu including pizzas and kebabs, but I have recently installed a fried-chicken machine in the shop.
"People in Clayton have said they are very happy to see me back.
"It will take a few more weeks before we are back to 100 per cent but at least we are up and running in the meantime."