A turtle was among pets rescued from a major house blaze while the occupiers were out.
A dog and two cats were also salvaged from the fire, at a house in Oswaldtwistle on Monday.
Firefighters found the animals inside the house on Havelock Street after being called to tackle a large fire in the lounge just after 1pm.
They believe the blaze started accidentally after something fell onto an electrical heater.
Chris Archer, crew manager at Hyndburn Fire Station, said: “The fire was well alight in the lounge when we arrived and the window had gone.
“There were no reports of anyone inside but we went in to search the property. We found a cat, kitten, dog and a turtle inside. The two cats were in a bad way and we gave oxygen therapy to bring them round.
"The cause we are putting down to an accident. There was an electrical heater which had been left on and either something fell onto it or one of the cats knocked something in front of it.
“Our advice for anyone is to make sure they turn the heaters off when they go out or don’t leave them unattended.”
Two fire crews used breathing apparatus, hose reels and pressure ventilation units to extinguish the blaze which destroyed the lounge and caused severe smoke damage to the rest of the property.