ENTRIES have been flooding in for our great free-to-enter World Cup competition - sponsored by the Black Horse, Abbey Street, Accrington.
It's a lot simpler than Fantasy Football and just as much fun as you use your football knowledge to predict the result of the biggest sporting event on the planet. And, of course, since it's a local competition you have much more chance of winning.
The top prize, courtesy of the Black Horse in Abbey Street, Accrington, will be £200 in cash and two crates of Becks beer. The runner-up will receive £50.
All you have to do to enter is answer the five questions below and the sixth tie-break question.
Then add your name, address and telephone number and e-mail your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will print all the entries on the eve of the World Cup next Friday so you can follow the competition as the tournament proceeds.
Entries close at 5pm next Tuesday but don't wait until the last minute, get yours in today.
Fill in the following form and e-mail it to email@example.com :
WORLD CUP WINNER:
WORLD CUP RUNNER-UP:
HOW FAR WILL ENGLAND GET (GROUP STAGE, FIRST ROUND, QUARTER FINAL, SEMI-FINAL, FINAL, WINNER)?:
TOP WORLD CUP GOALSCORER:
TOP ENGLAND GOALSCORER:
TIE BREAK QUESTION - TOTAL NUMBER OF GOALS SCORED IN WORLD CUP:
POST TO: World Cup Winner, Accrington Observer, 103 Blackburn Road, Accrington., BB5 1JJ, to arrive no later than 5pm on Tuesday 13 June.
1. Entries can be submitted on the official form on this page, by e-mail or on our website.
2. Only one entry per person.
3. All entries must include a name, address and telephone number.
4. Send entries to World Cup Winner, Accrington Observer, 103 Blackburn Road, Accrington, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or use our website www.accringtonobserver.co.uk.
5. It is a condition of entry that the winner and runner-up agree to publicity in the paper.
6. The winner is the person who answers all five questions correctly. If a number of entrants do that the tie-break question will be brought into play. If there is still a tie the prize money will be divided.
7. In the event of no-one answering all five questions correctly the winner will be the person who correctly names the World Cup winners and has the largest number of other answers correct. Again the tie-break may be brought into play.
8. Employees of Greater Manchester Weekly Newspapers and Punch Taverns are ineligible to enter.
9. The Editor's decision on all matters relating to the competition is final.