A woman was rescued from a house after a fire broke out in the kitchen. After being pulled to safety by firefighters she was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics.
A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire started at 3.54am on Saturday, May 7 at an address on Fielding Lane, Oswaldtwistle.
He said: "Two crews from Hyndburn and one from Blackburn were sent to the fire. The 15 firefighters who went knew someone was trapped inside.
"Once they arrived they went in, got her out so she could be treated with first aid and extinguished the fire within 20 minutes. We don't know whether the cooker had been left on or if it was an electrical fault which caused it."
The cooker and kettle were severely damaged and there was smoke damage to the kitchen.
The woman was taken to Royal Blackburn Hospital and has since been discharged.