A man has been taken to hospital with extensive burns after being rescued by a neighbour from a 'severe' blaze.
Two fire crews from Hyndburn were called to Glebe Close in Accrington after fire broke out in a flat bedroom.
The man suffered burns to his arms, legs and abdomen and smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital for treatment, following the incident on Monday morning.
Gary Drinkwater, watch manager at Hyndburn fire station, said: “It was a very severe fire involving a ground floor bedroom.
"The man was taken to hospital with burns. He was rescued by a male neighbour who banged on the door to alert him and dragged him away from the property.
"At this moment in time we are leaning towards smoking in the bedroom as the cause.
"He had left his mobility scooter in the hallway which impeded his escape route."
Fire crews used breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to put out the fire and two portable fan units to extract the smoke and heat.
The incident happened at around 7.45am on Monday, October 5.