A man caused smoke damage to his bedroom after trying to put out burning incense sticks using his clothes.
Firefighters were called to Garden Street in Oswaldtwistle when a pair of Joss Sticks set fire to the surface.
Shaun Carlisle, acting crew manager at Hyndburn, said: “The man had been burning Joss Sticks and it had set fire to one of the surfaces.
“He tried to put some clothes on it to smother the fire but they just started to smoulder.
“We used breathing apparatus and a fan to put out the fire and it caused smoke damage to the bedroom.”
The incident happened at around 1.45am on Tuesday, July 9.