A cricket-mad family are taking their involvement with Church to new levels.
Four members of the Gaskill clan – part of the West End club – have won honours this year.
Joel Gaskill has just completed his first season as captain of the Church second XI at the tender age of just 19 – winning the second XI Lancashire League and cup, the first time a Church team has achieved the double.
Dad Graham, 47, who coaches the Under-15 junior side, was named Church's Member of the Year for his services to the club.
And mum Gill, 46, won Ladies' Member of Year for helping out in the tea room.
And the family's involvement doesn't end there – Joel’s younger brother Jack won Coach’s Player of the Year for his stunning batting performances while older brother Luke, 25, regularly attends matches during the season.
Joel, a wicket-keeper who also coaches the juniors, said the family is too busy supporting Church CC to watch any first class cricket.
"We’ve been to see Lancashire a couple of times but during the season we can’t do anything as we’re always down at the club," he said.
"I’ve been playing at the club since I was 12," added Joel, whose family live a mere cricket ball’s throw from the club.
"My dad used to play a little bit but it was only after I started playing that my family got so heavily involved.
"My mum raises lots of money for the club selling cakes in the pavillion and I really look forward to eating her ham sandwiches between innings!" Joel said.
At the presentation evening, the club celebrated their 2010 achievements, including the first team being finalists in the Twenty20 Cup competition and Joel’s second team winning both the League and Cup competitions.
In addition two personal milestones were achieved with Ammer Mirza breaking the amateur batting record and Sam Tucker breaking the all time club record for wicket keeping victims.
A full list of all the prize winners is below.
- Player of the Year: Ammer Mirza
- 1st XI batting - Most Runs - Ammer Mirza; Runner Up – Craig Fergusson
- 1st XI bowling – Most wickets – Andrew Bentley; Runner Up – Phil Gilrane
- 2nd XI batting – Most Runs – Phil Sykes; Runner Up – M Mehmood
- 2nd XI bowling – Most wickets – Steve Berko; Runner Up – Mark Gilrane
- Most Improved 2nd XI player – Steve Berko
- 3rd XI batting – Conrad Barnes
- 3rd XI bowling – Brandon North
- 1st XI and club catching prize – Craig Fergusson and Sagawat Hussain
- O’Keeffe Bowling trophy for best analysis – Andrew Bentley 6 for 8
- Lady Member of the Year – Naomi Aspin and Gill Gaskill
- Member of the year for services to the club– Graham Gaskill
- Junior member of the year – Liam Dyson
- Junior Prize Winners
- Under 11 – Coaches player of the season – James Rawcliffe
- Players player of the season – Cameron Dawson
- Under 13 – Coaches player of the season – Jamie Cousins
- Players player of the season – Ethan Charlesworth
- Under 15 – Coaches player of the season – Jack Gaskill
- Players player of the season – Sam Etherington
- Under 17 – Coaches player of the season – Junaid Mahmood
- Players player of the season – Zain Ali Akbar