JOHN Coleman has his strongest squad to choose from for some time - and he hopes it will be enough to see off Barnet, weather permitting, tomorrow (Sat).
The Reds boss has now got international clearance for Portuguese defender Mauro Almeida while left back Alan Rogers and winger Shaun Whalley are back from suspension - although Whalley is suffering with a slight back injury.
Defender Danny Ventre has resumed training - although tomorrow may be too soon - while long term victim Andy Tretton and captain Peter Cavanagh will start training next week.
That just leaves striker Leighton McGivern - who is still at least month away following his broken leg - and goalkeeper Ian Dunbavin - who has four to five weeks out with a knee injury - the only casualties at the moment after the Reds had been hit by a glut of injuries.
And, with increasing competition for places with the additions of new boys Tony Grant, Almeida and striker Stuart Fleetwood, the Reds boss is hoping his struggling side can overcome the mid-table Bees and their strong home record.
Stanley have never won at Underhill and Barnet have won six of their last seven league games at home so it is a formidable task.
But Coleman, whose side have won just two of their last 16 league games, is hoping his side can kick on with what will be a valuable three points.
"We know plenty about them from our Conference days and they like to get the ball down which could suit our type of play," said the Reds chief.
"They are a big strong team but we have now got competition for places if there are no more set-backs."
The Reds boss is currently battling to bring in a goalkeeper to cover for Dunbavin. He has got Polish goalie Przemyslaw Kazimierczak from Bolton on a month's loan and Martin Fearon but Coleman is exploring several avenues at the moment.
Meanwhile, the Reds chief admitted he was frustrated after the 1-0 loss to Chester on Saturday which saw the Reds drop into the bottom four.
"It was one of those games where Chester were content to sit back and hit us on the break," he said.
"The game would have been totally different if they hadn't scored in the first half but they did and that's football.
"We did not play how we could, we knew they were dangerous from set-pieces and that's how they got their goal.
"The results around us could have been worse for us and we know, when we have the opportunity, we have got to have our say.
"We were disappointed we didn't get anything out of the game but we have got to go on now and focus on tomorrow."
There are now 16 'cup finals' left for the Reds, who are just one point off the drop zone.
- STANLEY boss John Coleman will welcome a Barnet victory ahead of a question and answer session organised by the Supporters Club at the Stanley Sports Bar at 7pm on Monday. All fans are welcome.
- STANLEY reserves are in action at home to Tranmere at the FES on Wednesday 14 February ko 2pm. This week's clash at Manchester City was put back to March 28.
- PRESTON recalled teenager striker Chris McGrail from his month's work experience at the FES. He was a used subsititute twice for the Reds against Mansfield and Wycombe.
- ROMMY Boco was on international duty with Benin midweek and they lost 2-1 in a hastily arranged friendly against Senegal in Rouen, France.