John Coleman and assistant Jimmy Bell are set to sign new three year deals today according to Accrington Stanley managing director Dave O’Neill.
The management pair have been offered a new deal to extend their 11-year tenure at the Crown Ground until 2013 and have just been waiting to put pen to paper on the contracts.
"We are going to sit down with John and Jimmy on Friday and hopefully they will sign this contract and it will all be sorted out," said O’Neill earlier this week.
Coleman confirmed he has agreed the new contract and all that awaits is his signature.
"The contract isn’t far away, it is just a case of it being typed up and signed. I am just waiting," he said.
Then the Reds boss will start sorting out his squad for next season after their play-off hopes virtually disappeared following a winless run of seven games.
The 14th placed Reds are 11 points outside the top seven with five games to play.
O’Neill said: "We have sorted out a playing budget and it will be similar to this season.
"While we are a lot more financially secure as a club, we still have to keep a tight rein on things and we will also be talking to John and Jimmy about this on Friday."
O’Neill said both strikers Michael Symes and Bobby Grant, who’s deals end in the summer, were offered new contracts in January and both deals are still on the table.
"We have offered them both contracts and we are waiting for them to come back to us," he said.
18-goal hero Grant told the Observer that he wants to stay with the Reds.
"I am happy to sign any deal at Accrington. They have given me the chance in football, I have paid them back with goals this season and the gaffer and Jimmy have put a lot of faith in me through a difficult few years when I had my injuries.
"I spoke briefly to the gaffer about a contract and I have told him what I want and I am waiting for them to come back to me.
"It has been around six weeks since I last spoke to the gaffer. I am happy to stay and there would be nothing better for me than to help Stanley go up via the play-offs next season."
Only four of Coleman’s current players have contracts for next season. Captain Andy Procter, Phil Edwards, Jimmy Ryan and Chris Turner all have a year left on their current deals.
And Coleman is also eager to finalise his player budget for the new season so he can start making plans for the new campaign.
"We have had talks with Bobby and Michael but I am also waiting to find out what my budget will be for next season," he said. "There will be changes and I already have one or two targets in mind for next season.
"I have made my decision about some players but it is difficult to let them know as we still have five games of the season left and there is still plenty to play for as we want to win these five games and finish as high as we can.
"One point out of 21 does not make good reading. Seven points out of seven games does not either but if we had just done that we would have been within touching distance of the play-offs and that’s the frustrating thing.
"We have got to win our last five games and just see where it takes us. Whatever happens, it has been a fantastic season considering what has gone on off the field.
"The players are disappointed at the moment as they are desperate to win games and it shows a lot of character."
The Reds boss is also considering the futures of loan players Tom Lees (Leeds), Billy Kee (Leicester), Dean Bouzanis (Liverpool), Johnny Flynn (Blackburn) and Jay McCarten (Everton).
"We need to talk to the clubs and I am not sure what is happening with Billy and Leicester at the moment," he said.
"Jay and Johnny Flynn - it’s been hard for them as they have come into games and expected to make a big impact immediately and it’s been difficult for them to do themselves justice."