IT IS a clash of the past champions in the last 16 of the Observer Golf Shield.
Defending champion Dave Grimshaw has been drawn against 2005 winner Jason Ashworth and the in-form pair will face each other at Accrington Golf Club.
"It promises to be a cracking match," said Dave, 49, who saw off youngster Chris Nuttall in a tight final last year.
"I know Jason well and I know his game as he knows mine. I play off five and I think he is two so I will get two shots. It will be tough."
All but one of the last 16 are from Accrington Golf Club with only Paul Swan, a 2004 finalist, flying the flag for his club Green Haworth.
"It doesn’t surprise me as there are a lot of good players at Accrington," said Dave, who has had quite a smooth passage to the last 16.
"I played Graham Yates in the club knock-out recently and that was a close match. I had to give him 15 shots under the new rules and, although I won, that seemed a lot.
"Carl Taylor is doing well as is Shaun Taylor and Thomas Briggs is a young lad who is coming through.
"It looks like it could be an all Accrington final - although I know Swanny will have something to say about that!"
- W Rimmington (Acc) v J O'Boyle (Acc)
- D Grimshaw (Acc) v J Ashworth (Acc)
- A Smith (Acc) v J Eddleston (Acc)
- T Briggs (Acc) v G Yates (Acc)
- A Guest (Acc) v S Taylor (Acc)
- A Lewis (Acc) v S McIntyre Jnr (Acc)
- C Taylor (Acc) v R McWade (Acc)
All the above matches to be played at Accrington.
- T Gill (Acc) v P Swan (Gn Haworth) to be played at Rossendale
FOURTH ROUND RESULTS
- Terry Gill (Acc) beat Ken Claxon (Ross) retired
- G yates (Acc) beat K Fish (Acc) 3&1
- A Lewis (Acc) beat G Croston (Acc) 2up
- T Briggs (Acc) beat P Mara (Acc) 4&3
- J Eddleston (Acc) beat P Kirkland (Gt Har)
- S Taylor (Acc) beat Mark Aspin (Gt Har) 5&4
- D Grimshaw (Acc) beat D Fisher (Acc) 6&5
- R Mcwade (Acc) beat A Rothwell (Ross) 6&4
- A Guest (Acc) beat A Yeates (Acc) 4&2
- C Taylor (Acc) beat D Byrom (Acc) 3&2
- W Rimmington (Acc) beat P Mabbutt (Bax) 2&1
- S McIntyre jnr (Acc) beat E walton (Rish) w/o
- J O'Boyle (Acc) beat P Rothwell (Ross) 19th hole
- A Smith (Acc) beat M Rigg (aCC) 5&4
- J Ashworth (Acc) beat A Thompson (Gn Haw) 2&1
- P Swan (Gn Haw) beat N Grimshaw (RIs) 20th hole
All matches are to be played by Sunday 3 August with results into the Observer office by Monday 4 August before 10am. The next meeting is at 8pm on Monday 4 August at Whalley GC with the quarter-finallists expected to attend.