GREAT Harwood Town FC are facing a fight for survival following the arson attack which left their club house and changing rooms gutted.
Harwood won't be able to play any of their North West Counties Division One home games this season and are battling to keep the club alive.
To repair the damage it will cost around £20,000 especially as the electricity box was wiped out which means the floodlights aren't working either.
Accrington Stanley and Darwen have both offered their services to the club for the rest of the season and Harwood will make use of their grounds.
But they need to secure their long-term future and are praying the Football Association will come up with some financial help at a meeting they are having about Harwood on Friday.
The Showground's buildings were destroyed after an arson attack on Monroes nightclub next door last week.
While the club house belongs to someone else, the ground and changing rooms are owned by Ian Jackson who owns Monroes. Harwood, which was re-formed in the 1960s, have them on a lease which has another nine years to run.
"The problem is there seems to be no insurance," said Harwood chairman Bill Holden. "We just have no money and there will be none coming in.
"We, as a club, have no assets - we don't own the ground - so we can't go the bank and take out any money to rebuild the changing rooms as we have no collateral.
"I am a builder but we have no money to start working.
"We can't get the floodlights on either as it is a major cost to get the electricity board to turn them back on. It is just all very bleak.
"Like any football clubs, we have minor debts. That was nothing that would have worried us but now we are cash-strapped and have nothing. It is a severe situation."
He continued: "We have gone to the FA, we haven't asked for a specific figure. It is a one-off, a unique situation, and we don't know what they will come back with but will know more on Friday.
"We have no funds for rebuilding and just have to hope major investors like the FA and the North West Counties will help us."
He is hopeful, though, the club will battle on for the rest of the season. "We have sorted out our fixtures for the rest of the month, as we have two away games in our next two matches and then Accrington Stanley have given us their ground on the 26th for our home game with Nantwich.
"That will take us through February but then we have to fund the rest of the season.
"We have 20 games left and a number of matches in the Midlands. These trips cost £2,000-£3,000 and we have no cash flow.
"It is a battle to save the club. At this stage, the future does look bleak.
"If we don't get any money then we won't be able to play North West Counties football in the future.
"It is a desperate situation. We are fighting for survival."
Ian Jackson, owner of Monroes and the Showground, would not confirm or deny if the two sites were insured at the time of the blaze.
He said: "We are just assessing the situation at Monroes. Obviously I will have to have a chat with the Football Club and see what the situation is there and I will be holding some discussions over the insurance.
"It is still very much up in the air and I don't want to speculate."
The club was already battling for survival on the pitch as Harwood are rooted to the foot of the league.
They team travel to fifth place Maine Road on Saturday looking for a win to lift some of the gloom around the club (ko 3pm).
"The manager Dave Sharples is quite upbeat," said the chairman. "But we will just have to see what happens on Friday."