GREAT Harwood chairman Bill Holden is fuming after the Football Association refused to help the crisis club.
The Robins chief asked the FA for some financial assistance to see the NWCL Division One bottom club through to the end of the season after an arson attack on Monroe's nightclub next door, destroyed the Showground's changing rooms and club house.
It meant Harwood couldn't play at home for the rest of the season and, to make it worse, it is unsure if the changing rooms - owned by nightclub owner Ian Jackson - are insured.
"We sent a letter to the FA asking if they could help us financially until the end of the season. We weren't asking for big sums - just enough to finance the away trips we have left," said the chairman.
"But instead I received a letter back saying they couldn't assist us in rebuilding the changing rooms as that is up to the landlord.
"But we didn't ask for that - we just wanted help to the end of the season not to rebuild the changing rooms or build a whole new complex. I feel let down.
"We applied to the FA's discretionary committee. But what is a discretionary fund for? Surely we are an exceptional case. It is a kick in the teeth. The FA have spent £600m on a new Wembley Stadium and they can't give us just a bit of financial help."
The chairman, who has been in charge for more than 10 years, admits the club is now struggling.
"We have had £150 from the North West Counties and four new footballs. That's all we have had.
"The powers that be haven't helped us at all but the local clubs - like Accrington Stanley, Colne and Darwen - have been fantastic. They have let us use their grounds and helped us out all they can. But we needed the governing bodies to just see our plight.
"At the moment, the money that is seeing us through is the £20,000 we got for Matt Derbyshire from Blackburn Rovers last season. I don't know what we would have done without that. But it is running out. We will get through to the end of the season but we will be having a meeting soon to decide our future - if we will go on.
"We will have to make some major decisions. We might not event have a ground as it is up for sale. We have it on a lease for the next six or seven years but we are not sure how legal that is now."
The Harwood players have kept battling on the pitch although the club have seen three players depart recently. Top scorer Paul Mashiter has joined leaders Fleetwood, although Harwood didn't get a fee for him; Matt Houldsworth has gone to Colne and youngster Paul Nelson has joined Trafford.
But this didn't stop the Robins putting up a battling performance on Saturday when they drew with promotion chasing Newcastle Town.
"It was a great performance," said the chairman.
Darren Johnson put Newcastle ahead as early as the third minute before Graham Price grabbed a deserved equaliser in the 69th minute.
Things didn't go quite to plan for Tuesday's trip to Alsager as some of the players were missing and an accident held up some others and the kick off was delayed. Alsager raced into a 3-0 lead although Liam McManus scored his fifth goal of the season to give Harwood a consolation.
They are hoping for a better show when they travel to Salford City on Saturday (ko 3pm).
"We have made two trips down to Stoke in the last week and have 12 fixtures left so there are going to be expenses," added the chairman. "We will see the season through - it is what happens after that that is the worry."