Eight swimmers from Pioneer 79 Swimming Club were chosen to represent Bolton & Manchester Swimming Association in the Inter-Association Age Group Swimming Gala at Bury Leisure Centre.
They were chosen from their successful swims at the qualifying gala held at the Manchester Aquatics Centre back in January this year.
The swimmers were: William Beavan, Emma Fox, Elizabeth Greenwood, John McKavett, Connor Makin, Joseph Murray, Niamh Robinson and Jasmin Scott.
The standard of swimmers competing at the event was extremely high and there were six Associations taking part in the gala, two swimmers from each swam in every event.
The competing Associations were: North Lancashire, Cumbria, North Midlands, Liverpool & District, Bolton & Manchester and Central Lancashire.
- William Beavan swam in five events for the 11 year old boys: 200m Individual Medley - 2.48.17, 50m Freestyle - 31.56, 400m Freestyle - 5.07.32, 50m Breaststroke - 42.17 and 200m Freestyle - 2.22.92.
- Emma Fox swam in two events for the 10 year old girls: 400m Freestyle, 5.27.65 (2nd Place) and 50m Backstroke - 40.88.
- Elizabeth Greenwood swam in 1 event for the 11 year old girls: 100m Freestyle - 1.11.78.
- John McKavett swam in five events for the 13 year old boys: 100m Backstroke - 1.10.28, 200m Backstroke - 2.33.65, 400m Freestyle - 4.50.90, 100m Breaststroke - 1.30.09 and 200m Freestyle - 2.14.76.
- Connor Makin swam in three events for the 13 year old boys: 100m Backstroke – 1.09.41 (2nd Place), 200m Individual Medley – 2.25.07 (2nd Place) and 100m Freestyle – 59.79 (3rd Place).
- Joseph Murray swam in two events for the 10 year old boys: 50m Breaststroke – 42.97 (3rd Place) and 200m Breaststroke – 3.31.49.
- Niamh Robinson swam in five events for the 10 year old girls: 400m Freestyle – 5.47.51, 50m Breaststroke – 44.24, 50m Butterfly – 37.32 (3rd Place), 200m Breaststroke – 3.17.02 (2nd Place) and 200m Backstroke – 2.50.84 (3rd Place).
- Jasmin Scott swam in five events for the 10 year old girls: 50m Breaststroke – 42.66 (2nd Place), 200m Breaststroke – 3.25.55, 50m Backstroke – 39.95, 200m Individual Medley – 3.03.75 and 50m Freestyle – 33.87.
In total, 28 events were swam by Pioneer 79 swimmers, there were five silver medals won along with four bronze medals and also many personal best times smashed.
The winning Association overall was North Lancashire with a total of 600.5 points, and Bolton and Manchester finished the weekend in a credible fourth position with a total of 523.5 points.
The next two weekends see a number of Pioneer 79 swimmers competing in the Age-Group Regional Swimming Championships being held at the Manchester Aquatics Centre.