A family escaped from their house in Accrington last night after a grill pan went up in flames.
The family of four were sat down eating bacon butties when they noticed smoke coming from the kitchen at around 8.30pm.
Smoke alarms sounded and they ran outside to alert firefighters.
Crew manager Neil Cooper, of Hyndburn Fire Station, said: "Unfortunately the grill had been left on and the fat in the pan started smoking.
"A woman, in her early 50s, her partner and two children had got out before we arrived. They did things right and the smoke alarms and heat detector were all working."
There was light smoke damage to the kitchen in the house on Bolton Avenue.