How we use Cookies

Worker suffers smoke inhalation following Altham fire

A fire broke out at an Altham commerical premises due to a forklift truck battery.

fire engine generic gv

The battery of a forklift truck caused a blaze in an Altham commerical premises.


One worker suffered smoke inhalation following the fire on Shortenbrook Way shortly after 11pm on Monday, December 10.


Hyndburn Fire Station said the 80 volt battery was destroyed in the blaze.

 

Journalists

Stuart Pike
Deputy editor specialising in politics
Alex Bell
Crime
Bethany English
District reporter
Beth Abbit
Court reporter
Jon Macpherson
Reporter
Kate Watkins
Reporter specialising in communities
Garth Dawson
Photographer and columnist