Stanley boss John Coleman is bidding to bring in five new players over the next fortnight after signing goalkeeper Alex Cisak.
Coleman has added the 21-year-old, who has just been released by Leicester, to his squad to compete with Ian Dunbavin for the keeper’s jersey.
The addition of Poland-born Cisak, who has represented Australia at Under-20 level, means that Stanley have 14 players signed up for next season.
And with the squad returning for pre-season training on Monday, Coleman is now looking to step up his transfer activity.
He will be helped by the money received from striker Bobby Grant’s move to Championship side Scunthorpe – as Stanley have agreed a six-figure without the need for a tribunal.
That fee could rise to as much as £260,000 if all the various clauses in the deal are activated.
Stanley are light up front after losing Grant, along with fellow strikers Michael Symes and Billy Kee – a trio who produced almost 50 goals between them last season.
Symes, who was out of contract, has joined Bournemouth, while Kee – who spent a season at the Crown Ground on loan from Leicester – opted to sign for Torquay.
But Coleman’s assistant Jimmy Bell is optimistic that there will soon be further additions to the squad.
Bell said: "We’re looking for defenders and a couple of strikers, although we are looking at the midfield too.
"We’re hoping, if things go to plan, there could be another five signings within the next couple of weeks.
"Yes, we have lost players, but it’s not something we haven’t faced before. We have to deal with that and build again. We’ve got a few irons in the fire."
Stanley have spoken to Leeds about the possibility of getting defender Tom Lees back in on loan.
And Bell added: "We’d love to get Tom Lees back. He did fantastically well for us.
"We will pursue that one all the way, until either we are successful or we can’t pursue it any further."
Stanley are pleased to have captured Cisak, who never made the first team at Leicester – having to settle for a handful of loan appearances at non-league Tamworth – and is eager for a crack at league football.
Bell said: "He’s an up-and-coming keeper who hasn’t had that much first-team football.
"He wants to make his way in the game and establish himself, and we can give him a chance to do that."
The sale of Grant will help to pay for further additions to the squad, with Stanley opting out of a potentially-lengthy tribunal process by agreeing a fee with Scunthorpe.
"We’ve reached an agreement with Accrington and the forms were signed at the end of last week," said Scunthorpe general manager David Beeby.
"It’s a fee that is dependant on a number of different things, but could be as high as £260,000.
"For that to happen though, Bobby would have to have a very good season and we would have to be promoted to the Premier League.
"The chairman has been working very hard and things will be completed when Bobby officially becomes our player in July.
"I think both clubs are reasonably happy with the figure that’s been agreed."
Bell, meanwhile, is optimistic that Stanley can continue to defy the bookmakers by thriving in League Two.
He said: "League Two is not like the Premier League, where people talk of the competition being three divisions in one.
"This is a very even division. We may be near the bottom in terms of spending, but I believe you should always aim high.
"I think League Two is going to be really tight this season, because we don’t have a club such as Peterborough, MK Dons or Notts County, who had a significantly bigger budget than most of the rest of us.
"If we get off to a good start, then anything is possible."